Skip to main content

Which sound better for overheads, hi-hats and bottom snares? :roll:

Comments

harveygerst Tue, 06/05/2001 - 15:54

Hey, that bottom-feeder stuff is MY TURF, not Fletcher's!! They're very similar sounding, almost interchangable.

The Sound Room offers matched MC012 pairs, with -10dB pads and 3 capsules per mic - a cardioid, hypercardioid, and omni.

The Marshall 603S is a wide cardioid - somewhere between a cardioid and an omni.

You can't go wrong with either of them. The 603S would be the first choice if you're on a very tight budget (around $70 each).

anonymous Tue, 06/05/2001 - 21:52

Hi!

I have seen many references of mics that can be had on a price that sometimes sounds pretty much mystical for me. Like $70 for 603S mics. - No offence, Harvey, but from where can one actually obtain these mics with this price? I would be very much interested... Seems like, being in Europe, ordering over the Internet is my only option...

Arne Holm

Guest Mon, 07/02/2001 - 05:07

This is an excellent topic for discussion...in Harvey's forum. What can I say, I'm an 'elitist snob', whatever you want to call me...but I [and this is my personal opinion] don't consider these products to be of the level of stuff I would prefer to see discussed on this forum.

The thread has been moved to Harvey's forum, please feel free to continue this conversation there.