Skip to main content

I bought a rossetta 800 an used to own a digi 002. I still want to keep using pro tools whats my best way to go?

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Wed, 09/12/2007 - 13:34

It's simple, you only need a piece of software, of your choice (Sony's Vegas, Adobe Audition, Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, etc.. This will allow you to use your Rosetta to track utilizing the above software to hard disk. Then you can import all of those recorded tracks into ProTools, after you have recorded them.

Should you need to accomplish overdubs, it would be simplest then to utilize your Digi002. But you could also bounce your mix down in ProTools to a "cue rough mix". Import your cue mix into your other desired software, overdub your new track with the Rosetta and then, again imported into ProTools, without the cue mix. (The cue mix can be used for synchronization purposes when flying your overdubs back in.)

I'm sure you will get other good suggestions as well.
Ms. Remy Ann David

sheet Wed, 09/12/2007 - 16:58

1. You bought an Apogee converter. The converter is not a DAW. You have half of what you need. You need a DAW as well.

2. Are you for sure that your 002's outputs do not work and that it is not operator error? Maybe the routing is incorrect. If the 002 is having issues, you can use the Apogee for your I/O to Pro Tools.

3. Why not get the 002 modified for better clocking and audio quality and keep using it?

michjassir Thu, 09/13/2007 - 02:49

i did some research with a friend and told me the 003 brings a word clock unlike the 002, this way i can hook up all together and have 16 channels of audio, 8 analog from 003 and 8 from the adat from the apogee. He told me i can also expand my pro tools le to use 46 tracks instead of 32. They call this setup the pro tools hd of the poor.

sheet Thu, 09/13/2007 - 05:31

1. There is a limit of how many simultaneous tracks you can record on PT LE.

2. You cannot use 46 tracks in PT LE. With the 003, the additional Music Production Toolkit, you can have 48 simultaneous tracks.

3. PT LE is NOT HD for the poor. But hang on. There is another product coming, like a super LE.

x

User login