Skip to main content

Hey everybody...

I'm interested in finding out more info on the API 525 compressor. Anyone on here have any experiance with one?. I figure if it's an "API"product it's got to be good. Is it known for any special quality?. .

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 06/01/2005 - 13:05

Well like alot of API stuff it has got that relatively definate 'signature' that can often be left on the audio. I'm not so sure about stereo linking, it might be not-so easy. But as single channel compressors go, nothing really compares to it. I would use it on all my tracks if I could, but I can't say it works for everything or everyone.

anonymous Thu, 06/02/2005 - 08:46

Well, I've only heard the 200 series... after my friend finally found where to patch them that is (damn mislabeled patchbays!). We checked them out and they smoke! They sounded very, very nice and were really responsive and clean. I'd assume the quality would be there in the 500 series as well. I know that the 200 and 500 series preamps are essentially the "same thing" so maybe the same goes for the compressors as well. I'm going to have to read up on that and get back to you.

anonymous Sat, 12/15/2007 - 08:20

Hi everybody!

I buy recently a api-525 compressor... I want to know if someone can guide me for use this! I have the 525 with Brent Averill (pre-amp). I don't really sur e to understand or the ceilling work... And for the vocal how i have to uses the release.. I just want some explication or just a "quick setting".

Thanks a lot

anonymous Sun, 12/16/2007 - 12:54

On the api 525, you don't have attack time setting... And for release you can set : 0.1, 0.5, 2.0, 2.5 ms. and you have IN (threshold) and OUT (Make-Up). After this you have Ceiling botton (move at the same time Threshold and Make-Up).

you can see the module :
http://www.apiaudio.com/525.html

I looking for some hint for uses this compressor on vocal... I don't understand all thing on... like ceiling.

thanks