Looks like API is offering up some new gear models, including a tube pre, and tube compressor. I was surprised how "reasonable" the prices were, and am particularly interested in the stereo 4 band, parametric equalizer. Not sure how they sound but API knows good audio, so my expectations are that they are good.
check em out at their site.
Some super frustrating news..
Just updated to El Capitan OS X (That's when this problem started)
- No audio output being sent to my Apogee Symphony system even when routing is correct.
- When I go to record I get the error "ASIO Driver not running" from Cubase and no audio track begins to play or lay, just silence.
- Audio from iTunes and Spotify work though, that's how I know this is a Cubase and El Capitan issue.
Everything is up to date, updated driver for the Symphony System, updated Cubase.
- What can you tell me about this?
- What made it famous or sot after?
- Did API actually design it?
- This is reissued in this Pulse EQP 1A3. Are they making it? The spec sheets attached have a date of 1981.
I'm addicted to Pultec's this month and want to know how sweet the high end is on the SS compared to the tube version?
I know you are looking for opinions on these or have some if you are here.
I have 2 MEQ-5's tubes and love them. I use them together with the Millennia NSEQ-4. The high end on the NSEQ is crazy sweet, it is SS.
This takes care of the master bus sweetness while the MEQ's take care of mids.
[="http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/338"]VS-2480: Digital Studio Workstation | Roland U.S.[/]="http://www.rolandus.com/p…"]VS-2480: Digital Studio Workstation | Roland U.S.[/]
I would love this as an add-on to my Neos system . Best of both worlds.
API just nailed it. Check this out and listen to the awesome distortion. It sounds partially digital but analog smooth. Interesting mix and sound. If this is the sound of THE BOX, I want one. Perfect combination.
This is a big promise to make to experienced engineers. But I will try. I will do my best. And I will keep my ego in check.
I wanted to introduce a new 312 style mic pre to the forum. The Warm Audio WA12 is completely discrete with custom wound USA made Cinemag transformers, 71db's of gain and high headroom. I've sold 8 channels of this design to a Neve console owner in Florida at a much higher price, it is the real deal. Though the price tag suggests otherwise, this is not a budget or sub-pro piece of gear, it hangs right along side pres with much loftier price tags.
Things that make the preamp noteworthy/unique: