Skip to main content

Hey everybody... heres my virgin post. I have Apogee1000 a/d d/a and will soon have an aardsync II...I unfortunately have a Digidesign AMIII card, so will need another soundcard that can handle word clock and a S/PDIF in (simultaneously) while transfering from tape into my computer. My question is: If I am bypassing the converters (via S/PDIF in) and clock (via word clock in) on a fairly inexpensive souncard (like the m-audio 1010 or 1010 LT), is there anything else about the card that might still degrade the signal path? Thanks

Comments

TeddyG Mon, 03/21/2005 - 09:48

As suggested on another post, I would START at the sound card and work out. My Lynx, for instance, for MY needs, doesn't even need outboard converters, as the Lynx converters are fine. Another thing, for ME is tech support. Lynx provides, in spades, with the designers themselves answering my questions.

I don't "know" sound cards(Or anything else, I'm not an engineer.), so I just find someone who does/is and is willing to share their knowledge and buy their stuff.

TG

x

User login