Skip to main content

I am trying to find a set of overheads with similar characteristics to the Audio technica AT4041's but for a lot less dosh. A set of Studio projects C4's perhaps? Any ideas or new products that fit profile would be most helpfull. I am having hell trying to get Mics on loan so I can have a listen.

Thanks Guys

Comments

KurtFoster Thu, 05/13/2004 - 13:12

I have a pair of C4 and I really like them. Added bonus, you get both omni and cardioid capsules. They come with shock mount mic clips and are packaged in a very nice carrying case. I have used them on drums / overheads and I think they compare well to AKG 451s and other much more expensive mics ...

Kurt Foster

anonymous Thu, 05/13/2004 - 19:22

I was thinking about throwing down a couple hundered for some Oktava 012's. How do they compare to the C4's anyway? I would be willing to throw down the extra hundred if they are worth it. I would like to use the pair as not only overheads, but for stereo mic'ing as well. Any input would be well appreciated. Thanks.

maintiger Fri, 05/14/2004 - 11:20

Squaysh wrote: I was thinking about throwing down a couple hundered for some Oktava 012's. How do they compare to the C4's anyway? I would be willing to throw down the extra hundred if they are worth it. I would like to use the pair as not only overheads, but for stereo mic'ing as well. Any input would be well appreciated. Thanks.

the 012's have a reputation as being great mics when you get a matched pair that sounds good- the problem is that due to not so good quality control in the russian factory you don't always get a good sounding mic or a matched pair-

scott dorsey also had an article aboout a mod to improve these mics in recording magazine- I don't think the article is online but Im sure you can buy a back copy if intereseted- also check the DiY forum, they migght point you in the right direction if you're interested in doing the mod. :D