Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am evaluating the Korg MR-1000 portable recorder for potential purchase and to that end would like a circuit schematic.

Any help is appreciated :D

Thanks,

Jesper

Comments

gentlevoice Sat, 04/12/2008 - 12:06

I'm a tweaker :-)

Hello ... thanks for the question.

In my experience - and opinion! - tech specs rarely say much about the subjective quality of a piece of equipment. It may all look "nice" in terms of specs and the right solutions, yet the sound may not align with the specs.

A schematic diagram cannot tell me how a specific piece of equipment will sound but looking at the design choices, as indicated by the schematic, I may get a grasp of the quality of the design. Also I am often able to see if the device may be subjected to modification in a smaller or more extensive degree. Of course no guarantee covers this - at my risk. But in most cases I have had very good success with improving the sound (my opinion of course).

To me the Korg MR-1000 is an interesting device because it is capable of recording DSD at 5,6 Mhz. If the implementation of this feature basically looks "sound", and there's room for improvements, it would be a very interesting recording device for me.

I usually have dealt with reducing/improving analog circuitry, improving shielding and powersupply, and replacing components.

I hope this answers your question?

Regards,

Jesper

Cucco Mon, 04/14/2008 - 12:13

Sorry - none here. Neither did they provide me with one when asked even though I am an owner of one. Of course, I didn't ask real hard - just casually to one of the techs on the phone.

That being said, perhaps you should call Korg USA and see. They answered the phone very quickly and were a blast to deal with.

From a personal standpoint, I can tell you that I am exceedingly pleased with my MR-1000 both in sound and function.

Cheers-
J