Skip to main content

I just got this today, and i tried recording my guitar amp with a SM-57 and the sound was way overloaded. So i turned down the mic signal with the card's built in digital mixer. well, it was still overloaded and clipping, so i figured some of the clipping was from the mixer's volume thing being turned up all the way. But the preamp is still clipping when i mic even just yell into it. now i don't know where to turn the preamps down. Its not in the cards control panel. Also, the XLR inputs are supposed to double as line inputs, and i don't know where to turn off the preamps to use them as line inputs. I'm guessing both of those things are in the same place, and i can't find them.

Comments

anonymous Wed, 09/06/2006 - 16:40

I'm an idiot. I got a response from the M-audio customer service people and they said the same jumper thing. They told me it was on page 9 or so in the manual (which is was). I must have skipped over that page because I thought it just said how to stick it in your computer. But the jumper thing is correct. Thanks for the help.