Skip to main content

I found another set of 1000's on ebay.

Again, not the seller, just a public service annoucement.

The grills are missing from the woofers and the seller states that it improved them due to "ringing"

I can assure you, those grills do not ring and the crossover was designed with the grills on. Even without the grills, still damn fine speakers to expand your mind. If they go cheaper than NS10's I will be shocked. I doubt they will.

900 is a good price for them. http://cgi.ebay.com…"]NS1000M[/]="http://cgi.ebay.com…"]NS1000M[/]

Topic Tags

Comments

cjenrick Sat, 01/25/2003 - 13:24

Thanks Bill ! How much power do those speakers like? Could they double as speakers for a stereo system?

I wonder if the screens were taken off for reconing purposes?

Alright, I am currently the highest bidder. But what to do with my Monitor Ones? How about a sinker for lake trout in August? Naw, the magnets are two small.
I could trade them in on a pair of Wackie's!

audiowkstation Mon, 01/27/2003 - 18:16

Thanks Bill ! How much power do those speakers like? Could they double as speakers for a stereo system?

I wonder if the screens were taken off for reconing purposes?

Alright, I am currently the highest bidder. But what to do with my Monitor Ones? How about a sinker for lake trout in August? Naw, the magnets are two small.
I could trade them in on a pair of Wackie's!

Well, Did you let them get away???

The ending price certainly was killer considering NS10's are going for more (DUH).

No, They were probably dented and when he took the dent out, could not figure how to reattach it. They never need reconing really. Not for 70 years anyway.

Yes to home use and yes to professional use. 50 to 500 watts/ch is fine.

Alesis, another set to listen to..or you could send them to me and I would rebalance them to something much better for you (than they are now)...or perhaps...keep them long enough for them to become classics and double your money.

Another real nice set for 750 is there now again.

audiowkstation Tue, 01/28/2003 - 14:35

The rebalancing of monitor ones is fairly simple. Their is a crossover change, some internal cabinet bracing and a port change to aperiodic dampning.

Simple stuff, cuts some of the boomy and sizzle out of it and brings up the 400 and the 1.6K a shade. Tones down the 55 through 75.

Tightens up the sounb and it throws a larger image. Cost about 30 bucks each.

For a detail, do not bother until you complete your room. At this point, you are too good to mess with them now.

Quick bass change is to put an open cell piece of sponge over the port to dampen the woofer some so it does not flop around.

Alecio. You do damn well with the monitor ones. You use them all the time in that room with the vocal booth in the way and still get really good sounding mixes. Very masterable. The monitor 2's are really a horrible one to get right on.

Monitor Ones sound awful but translate well. The Mackies sound cool, kick ass but are liers.

You are correct.