Skip to main content

Hi guys!
If you guys are familiar with the M-Audio Delta 410 PCI soundcard, please help me out.

As this card has only a pair of Signal Inputs (channel 1 & 2).

I need to separately record vocals on channel 1 and instruments on channel 2, for example. I don't know if it's going to work with Cubase SX or Adobe Audition or Magix Sequoia.

I like this sound card and i don't want to replace it. Please help me out with any idea/advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Comments

TeddyG Wed, 05/04/2005 - 09:49

Sure, that'll work, as long as mono, for your instruments, is OK. Mic to channel 1(Left), instruments to channel 2(Right), you can make each a seperate track, I'm pretty sure in Audition, and I suppose in Cubase. I don't know what Sequoia is? The manuals on all this stuff should tell you how...

TG

By the way: Does your sound card have a digital input? SP/DIF? If so, IT is a stereo input! So, you could do a vocal on channel 1 analog(Left), another vocal on stereo analog input 2(Right) and a STEREO input, from your instruments, on the digital input - if your card allows seperate digital and analog inputs at the same time!(Or use the inputs in reverse, your call.) Of course you'd need a digital converter(A/D) from one of your sources(your instrument output?) to the cards' digital input. BE CAREFUL HERE!!! Actually BUYING a converter, to use with your existing card, might cost more than a whole new soundcard with all the analog inputs you need, built-in! Again, a careful perusal of the manuals should tell the story...