Skip to main content

M Audio Delta 1010L :
(Dead Link Removed)

I always seem to buy something and while its in the mail, ask the questions about what I'm getting. Sometimes it seems like I just dont care about money and get something. But I got some questions about this buy :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/701376/

It should be here tomorrow and a lot should get cleared up then but can someone help tell me how they like it if they got it? And maybe answer these few questions :

(PS: I am currently using onboard sound on my computer)

Questions :

1. I see they have XLR inputs on it, no phantom power for a condensor mic though right?

2. Along with the XLR, is there a regular 1/4" for plugging in a computer mic. I have the logitech computer mic/headphone set I use for games like Counter Strike and would like to use that with it. If not, can I still use the onboard soundcard for some things?

3. I have 2 computer speakers with a subwoofer and also a small 5 CD changer stereo all hooked to the PC right now through the 1/4" on the onboard, I can switch those speakers and plug it into this soundcard right? I dont see ports for 1/4", thats why I'm asking these questions.

4. Can I use Pro Tools LE 6.4 with this? I have the MBOX already and it would be nice to use pro tools with this and use the mbox for my powerbook mac.

5. What does Word clock I/O mean?

6. It says "Zero-latency hardware monitoring" and I didn't have MIDI before but with Cubase I would click the instruments keyboard keys on the VSTi Instruments I have and it would take almost 2 seconds before it would make the sound of that instrument. I was told by DAvid that this would hold the same once I hooked midi up with the MIDI to USB thing I also got coming in the mail. So, with this comment they said zero-latency. Does that mean what I think it means? Hehe, I'm sure you guys know what I'm asking there? Cause if so, cool!

7. Does anyone have any other good comments to add about this soundcard if you have it?

Im sorry for being such a disturbance on your forums here, I just love it here and feel that I could get any music question answered here so I turn to you. Thanks for the help, everyone. When I get famous You guys will be coming with me!

Topic Tags

Comments

David French Tue, 11/30/2004 - 16:50

1. That's right.

2. Yes, you can still use the onboard audio.

3. Yes, with RCA to 1/4" adapters.

4. No.

5. Digital recorders need a clock to tell them when to sample a signal (44,100 times a second, for instance). This allows you to synchronize the 1010LT to another digital recorder.

6. This is not the same thing. They mean zero latency monitoring of your mic and line inputs via spitting the signal right back out of the card before it gets processed by the computer. They are talking about monitoring latency, not processing latency- two different things.

7. good specs

8. You are not a disturbance at all! That's what this site is for. Enjoy!

9. This probably belongs in my forum.

anonymous Tue, 11/30/2004 - 16:55

What you mean i gotta drink this coffee hot?

:D

So now I gotta buy them damn RCA to 1/4" adapters. Like I told you man, endless buying.

Hey you need any graphic work for an album or flyer or anything? Ill do my first design for ya free? Atleast take a free design. Contact me man. you been a big help!!!!!!

emailme@damienbenoit.com

Im serious. Contact me. http://www.337studios.com for some of my work!

anonymous Wed, 12/01/2004 - 00:18

David French wrote: 6. This is not the same thing. They mean zero latency monitoring of your mic and line inputs via spitting the signal right back out of the card before it gets processed by the computer. They are talking about monitoring latency, not processing latency- two different things.

I think this is processing latency. I've use my delta's as drum samplers, amp sim, live reverber and few other things with out any noticeable latency at all

anonymous Thu, 12/02/2004 - 18:37

Does someone have this card cause i cant get it to work. Im new to all this crazy audio stuff. I got the card installed and running but no sound is coming out. I took the output out of my onboard sound that goes to the speakers and put a connection to go out to RCA and put them in random BLACK RCA cables cause I cant tell which two go together. And now in my Sounds and Audio Devices Properties I cant figure out which thing to put it on :

M Audio Delta 1010LT Multi
M Audio Delta 1010LT 1/2
M Audio Delta 1010LT 3/4
M Audio Delta 1010LT 5/6
M Audio Delta 1010LT 7/8
or :
M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF

Im confused as hell, someone please help me!

anonymous Fri, 12/03/2004 - 11:20

Great, thanx. Got that working! Finally.

But here is a problem im having now. I dont notice it until I put headphones in and using Adobe Audition to record through a mic in the XLR. If in headphones, I hear static like when I move windows around or click the mouse button I hear static sounds like its coming from that.

Im thinking this might be the problem :
Im still using computer speakers that are powered speakers that have a 1/8" jack that was going to the computer, I grabbed a RCA to 1/8" and a cupler so I can plug the 1/8" to the other one and then plug the RCA into the 1/2 output on the soundcard. Thats probably not a very pro way of doing it is it. But do you think that would be the reason im hearing the static sounds when clicking around?

Also when I was in the control panel, I noticed the sounds get lower and lower the lower hz i would put the recording on. I settled with 16,000 to record cause the sound was the least with CD quality. But for getting the most out of filters and effects, 96,000 in one be the best.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? Like give me a start to finish decent priced buy to get some good monitor speakers instead of having those computer speakers. Something that sounds good but fits a budget of around 200 bucks or something around that range.

Or if I can fix it and still use the computer speakers for a bit more time, id love that answer also. Thank you guys for the help!

x

User login