Skip to main content

Hello, Currently shopping around for mastering on a indie project, low budget I know.. but hey in this business/economy why not get a great deal.. so let me hear who's hungry? email me @ labola84@gmail.com

Comments

vegas4ever Thu, 05/20/2010 - 09:26

Just writing a quick note.. Bidding is done.. after listening to 20+ different mastering we came to a decision, our decision was base on sound not on price or gear.. I cant care less if our mastering is done in a completely analog gold filled cable with 1+mil gear or in the box, a lot of what we saw and heard was.."look at what we got!!" or the other extreme "the L3 nightmare", it seems that everyone we a crack copy of L3 thinks there mastering engineers btw AKAI speakers are not I repeat are not quality speakers.. seriously really I'm supposed to believe that you have over 20k in plug ins and $120 speakers and a Behringer compressor?, our major surprise was in the lack of detail many people took, most dint ask questions, there was not a "what are you looking for? what songs do you want as reference? how fast do you need this? etc, most of the mastering we got , just ran the track thru some sort of preset chain and call it quits....i don't care about pirate software, I do care about people making money with Pirate software and on top of that advertising!!!

DrGonz Tue, 06/01/2010 - 05:36

Almost seems that this was a very forced posting to get something for nothing. And apparently that's exactly what they got by the outcome of the last post. Can't figure out if anyone won a bid to master this project but oh well. Only saying that cuz there is so much information about the negatives and nothing really about the positives. I personally want to know more about this particular situation, because it's just more interesting that way...

vegas4ever Tue, 06/01/2010 - 15:32

audiokid

I'm Sorry to say, I cant do that, but I would def place a link to the final product, once it comes back, I do believe we all know what No transient looks like and/or squash sound, I made my comments broad not to put any of the people who offer there service uneasy, moreover the project is not officially released, I would hate to break copyright laws/artist etiquette. Since there are a few that would like to know what is professional mastering, lets begin by this: ask questions, for example: how do you want the CD to sound like, what are you looking for?, how much freedom do i have? what would be a win for you? what its your main audience? Radio-CD-internet where its this going?, on top of all this questions you can actually listen to the track, what does it need? not just put it in your "mastering chain". EXAMPLE : I left a good 10 sec of silence/random note(I think more, I cant recall I track a lot) on the tail end of the track, most mastering engineers would clip that and adjust out-fade... well about half of the "mastering" , were left as is, so...no clip the end I clip you. simple numbers, if I have 5 guys that care enough to clip the end, I take the time think you care about what you doing. I'm a engineer and most artist that I work with love to know there not just a number I take time to do there project and to do it right. I hope that's informational enough for all.

leopoldolopes Tue, 06/01/2010 - 15:47

Hello vegas4ever!
I have take the ride and did a mastering sample for you... and my email was clear enough by asking one simple and concise feedback if you have little time to right things down! I've take my precious time and did my mastering job on your sample song with must joy and professionalism... Well as I write this words I'm still expecting that minimal feedback from you...

Since you say that you have already gave the job to someone else, I must wish you good luck with it... but I will never, never forget to email back to anyone! It's a question of principals you know!

vegas4ever Tue, 06/01/2010 - 16:04

Leopoldo

Thanks for the well wishes, I'm happy you enjoyed the work, but sadly you were just not what we were looking for, if you would like a more detail explanation of why, please feel free to private email me, I appreciated your time and effort. If you email me already and I overlook your email I sincerely apologies.

DrGonz Wed, 06/02/2010 - 06:01

I agree that an A/B mix and master would make all of us, that are interested in this thread, be satisfied as well... I think that mastering is not dead it's just too many times for the squares nowadays. I posted this and then more posts materialized that did not show up at first. So I say copyright or not 20-30 second clips are more than legal w/ the bands permission. Personally if you really feel so much about professionalism then you would share this experience w/ others that are striving to be called "Professional" one day...

Alécio Costa Fri, 06/04/2010 - 14:05

Curiously, I have just received a phone call from Rio de Janeiro where a guy asked for a mastering partnership and claiming no one was able to deliver him a Class A job... (!!!!)
Hum..... I asked for a phone number, said his studio only answers cell phones...

There are lots of guys on the web where you will probably never receive even an email reply with the short sentence: "THANKS for your attention but I decided to do it myself or with someone else" ( generally cheaper and ****ing louder).
LOL

Let us go back to work, folks. It is a loss of time these kind of free-sample requests.

x

User login