Skip to main content

What do people think of these mics compared to the other good dynamics (OM5, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica .

Also what is the best Electro-Voice mic out of the two for most gain before feedback

cheers

Comments

RemyRAD Sat, 06/10/2006 - 11:25

I don't think you would do badly with any Electro-Voice microphones. As to which one will give you the greatest gain before feedback? It pretty much all depends on where your floor monitors are and how you use the microphones. It's good to know what kind of directional pattern they have, i.e. cardioid, super cardioid, HyperCardioid. Those differences will dictate where best to place your floor monitors and FOH speakers, in relationship to the microphones. Just because the microphone is indicated as a " super" or " hyper", doesn't mean it's better. It just clues you in to how you are going to use your floor monitors for your PA system, as in where to place them in relationship to the microphones.

One of the biggest problems I've seen/heard, is that in smaller clubs, frequently the "FOH" (front of house) speakers are placed parallel and in the same plane with the microphones. Speakers with very wide dispersion will frequently cause a lot of feedback. The FOH speakers should always be placed in front of the stage microphones not parallel with them. The floor monitors??? Depends on the directional pattern of your microphones.

Did I say the same thing there?
Did I say the same thing there?
Ms. Remy Ann David