Skip to main content

SE Electronic Mic 2200a how does this mic compare to other vocal mics? Does it compete with a TLM 103 or are they in two different classes. I'm currently using a Audio Tecnica AT3035 but I'm looking for something a lot better for vocals but can't afford too much. $500 MAX, any suggestion?

Nick1790

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Tue, 05/31/2005 - 07:11

I's always say to spend as much as you can and get the best equipment that your budget can handle. The SE is a great mic for the price but I think for your budget you can do better... I'm a huge fan of Rode mics, maybe NTK if you can!

I've used a few and they have a really rich warm sound to them (again for the price... people with $5000 mics will sneer but who cares!)

Get to the shops and demo until you find the one you like most.

Jeemy Tue, 05/31/2005 - 09:53

I think I got this mic, or the 3200. I recorded a few things on it A/Bing against a Rode NT1A and the Rode beat it hands down, but then I went for the K2 and sold the NT1A.

I sent it back, it didn't seem like I would ever use it. After which I heard great things about their Z5600, ICiS and Gemini mics. I think you might need to spend money with SE to get value, otherwise they'd be getting mentioned here a whole lot more...

In that price range I have heard great things about the NT2 I think it is, the new 05 version, and the Red5 tube mcs, but I have tried neither.