Skip to main content

Are the monitors deferent or just the bas have amplification?
What do you think about buying hafler TA1600 and event 20 20 passive.I do have active M1 but whant something better and don't have extra cash.
Thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

jonnyc Wed, 05/18/2005 - 11:54

There seems to be three types of the 20/20's the passive, the V2 and the bas V2. the bas is biamplified and the regular v2's are not. I have the bas V2's and man they rock. Great monitors. Just to clarify the passives are not bas because they aren't amplified. Only the actives are bas and thats only if they are biamplified the regular 20/20's have just one amp per monitor not two.

shanabit Wed, 05/18/2005 - 17:30

This should answer your question: Tweeter diffs, freq response, corssover,connections on back, etc are different. Cabinet construction looks the same. I went with the BAS version myself after comparing and looking at a Hafler etc.

20/20™ Direct Field Monitor Specifications
LF Driver: magnetically shielded 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1-1/2" diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
HF Driver: magnetically shielded 25mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome
Crossover: 2.2kHz, second order
Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz, ±3dB, Ref. 500Hz
Power Handling: 150W program, 200W peak per side
Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1W, 1m Cabinet: 5/8" vinyl-laminated MDF Connectors: Red and black five-way binding posts on 3/4" centers
Dimensions: 10-1/4" W x 14-3/4" H x 11-3/4" D
Weight: 22lbs each

20/20bas™ Biamplified Monitor Specifications
LF Driver: magnetically shielded 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1-1/2" diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
HF Driver: magnetically shielded 25mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome Frequency Response: 38Hz - 20kHz, ±3dB (-2dB @ 38Hz), Ref. 500Hz
Crossover: 2.6kHz, active fourth order
LF Amplifier Power: 130W continuous per side
HF Amplifier Power: 70W continuous per side
Input: Balanced; gold combination XLR - 1/4"; accepts balanced or unbalanced sources
Input Sensitivity: 1.1V input produces full output with Input Level Control at maximum
LF Trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produce ±3dB @ 100Hz, ±2dB @ 400Hz
HF Trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produces ±3dB above 2.6kHz
Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, resettable mains circuit breaker
Cabinet: 5/8" vinyl-laminated MDF
Dimensions: 10-1/4" W x 14-3/4" H x 11-3/4" D
Weight: 30lbs each
[ Close This Window ]

zemlin Fri, 05/20/2005 - 04:10

When I was researching monitors, the message I got from the reviews and opinions is that the 20/20bas are the only ones worth their salt. That the bi-amping and tight crossover makes all the difference.

I can't speak to that as fact - that's just what I heard "on the street". I bought the 20/20bas and am satisfied with them.