Skip to main content

Howdy again,

I just received the scoop on the 5.3.1 upgrade, here is some preliminary info.

• Support for Digidesign’s new 192 Digital I/O Audio Interface: The 192 Digital I/O offers a
wide assortment of digital I/O options for maximum compatibility with other digital devices.
• PRE Integration: Provides remote control for Digidesign’s PRE mic preamplifier right from
the Pro Tools Mix window. This allows you to keep PRE as close as possible to the audio
source, eliminating line loss and noise. Among other benefits, PRE settings are also stored
with each Pro Tools session so you don’t have to worry about matching the sound you had
last month.
• Increased Pull Up/Pull Down with SYNC I/O: Support for all 1% and 4% pull up/pull
down combinations at any session sample rate for interchangeability with 24P, NTSC and
PAL standards.
• PostConform Support with SYNC I/O: PostConform 2.0.1 (sold separately) now integrates
with Pro Tools|HD hardware and SYNC I/O to auto-conform your session at either 44.1 or
48 kHz
• New Mixer pluginsProvide a True 48-Bit Mix Bus Topology with +48 dB of Headroom:
As a result of Digidesign’s efforts to continuously advance sonic quality within Pro Tools,
we are providing four new mixers (Stereo and Surround, Dithered and Non-dithered) which
utilize multiple TDM paths to maintain a true 48-bit signal path at all times, regardless of the
complexity of your mix.
• QuickTime DV Playback via FireWire: With Pro Tools 5.3.1 Mac and Pro Tools|HD, you
can play any QuickTime DV video file – NTSC or PAL - through a DV transcoder connected
to your FireWire port. This includes files imported from Avid’s ExpressDV video
workstations. (Note: Only the Canopus ADVC-100 DV Transcoder has been officially tested
with Pro Tools – performance may vary)

This is shipping soon. I'll have some more updated info on my website later today, and more this week end.

Darren
http://www.dixondigital.com

Topic Tags

Comments

x

User login