Skip to main content

Buzzing sounds!

I dont notice it until I put headphones in and using Adobe Audition to record through a mic in the XLR. If in headphones, I hear static like when I move windows around or click the mouse button I hear static sounds like its coming from that.

Im thinking this might be the problem :
Im still using computer speakers that are powered speakers that have a 1/8" jack that was going to the computer, I grabbed a RCA to 1/8" and a cupler so I can plug the 1/8" to the other one and then plug the RCA into the 1/2 output on the soundcard. Thats probably not a very pro way of doing it is it. But do you think that would be the reason I'm hearing the static sounds when clicking around?

Also when I was in the control panel, I noticed the sounds get lower and lower the lower hz i would put the recording on. I settled with 16,000 to record cause the sound was the least with CD quality. But for getting the most out of filters and effects, 96,000 in one be the best.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? Like give me a start to finish decent priced buy to get some good monitor speakers instead of having those computer speakers. Something that sounds good but fits a budget of around 200 bucks or something around that range.

Or if I can fix it and still use the computer speakers for a bit more time, id love that answer also. Thank you guys for the help!

Topic Tags

Comments

Jeemy Wed, 12/15/2004 - 05:26

that stands for hardware in 1/2 and represents the signal coming in to your hardware ins nos 1 & 2.

it is the direct monitoring of those ins you are hearing, disabling this function would work just as well.

'prosumer' devices like this and the edirols seem to create a vast amount of noise from the direct monitoring software.

i imagine its a cheap way of being able to say 'zero-latency monitoring' on the box without spending the appropriate R & D time/cash on the hardware that does it.

ditto insulating your soundcard from your motherboard will help. there's a good article on this in the latest Sound on Sound. but you might need to upgrade your mobo.

simple answer is that at this price point compromises are made. trial and error will help you identify and reduce them. but when you find you need the DM function and you can't get rid of the noises, you either turn your monitor off and tack your mouse to the desk when tracking vocals (i used to have to do this) or upgrade your kit.