Skip to main content

Hello

I am looking to buy a multitrack recorder and have narrowed it down to the Tascam 2488 or the Boss BR1600CD. I am also possibly looking at a Yamaha 16 track (AW16G?). The plus point of the Tascam is its 24 tracks, but the Boss has 8 XLR's. Does anyone out there have any advice or experience with either. I am likely to use it live at some point (solo and band), but will initially be recording at home. I will want to record a full drum kit at some point in the future.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks!

Poet Dog Jane

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 04/21/2005 - 10:46

for under a thousand you could almost build a computer with interface and buy software..... You could build a comp for 500 bucks and get a presonus firepod that comes with cubase LE.... or if you already have a computer you could get a Digi 002 for i think 1200..... used cheaper. You'd have a bunch more options. I'm not into the Boss stuff at all.... isn't the Tascam just modular multi-track? You wouldn't be able to do much with just that. I'd go DAW.

K

anonymous Fri, 04/22/2005 - 00:16

I thought about that option to start with, then decided to go down the multi-track route as I am no computer whizz! Also all the extra software, hardware etc. might kill my poor, overused computer! I'm also just starting out on the recording thing and just want to get some basic tracks down - also record live (hence the BR1600 option as it has 8XLR inputs). Anyway, thanks for all the advice - although I think I've been a bit lost in the techno speak - DAW? modular multi-track? I am only a novice!!

Cheers