Skip to main content

I'm thinking about trying to get a Tascam 388. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they good machines? Does the mixer section sound good? Does anyone have one they want to sell? Thanks!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 08/31/2005 - 00:05

Tascam 388

Hi,

I have 2 of these, both given to me by a friend. One works and one he bought for parts. I am not a musician, I am an engineer. I know that one works well but has a light or two out. I have no idea what they are worth, so, if you are interested in either or both of them, just shoot me an offer. These units are heavy and probably won't go the usual UPS or FedEx route. Possibly DHL or Greyhound. TTYL:-) :roll:

anonymous Wed, 09/07/2005 - 11:52

Hi. Wow I've really been thinking that I wouldn't ever be able to get my hands on one of these things. Thanks so much for posting. If you still have them I'd like to get the one that works well. I don't really know what they're worth either...what would you say to like $150 or $200 dollars? Of course I'll pay the shipping too. Where would it be coming from? Thanks again!

anonymous Fri, 09/16/2005 - 00:33

Tascam 388

These Tascam 8-track studios are consistently going for over $400 on eBay in good working condition and low hours.

While I cannot be sure of the hours on mine, judging by the physical condition it is about average compared to what I have seen. It does have a VU meter light out, but all channels and the tape machine appear to work correctly. I am not a musician and have no way to fully test. I am also not offering any guarantees at all. It will be sold strictly 'as-is'. With this in mind I would entertain bids of around $300.

There is also the matter of the parts machine. It is not as nice cosmetically and has not been tested fully, either. I do know that the tape transport has a problem. It tries to engage but does not. It also has a VU meter light that is out. I'd guess it would be worth around $200. After all, it is complete and may work fine except for the transport thing. Could that be a belt problem? The capstan does not turn. This one is also being sold 'as-is'.

If anyone wants to make a deal on both, that's okay too! Shipping will be a challenge!