Skip to main content

Anyone have one of these? My friend just bought one and wants me to help him set it up with Sonar. Is it compatible with Sonar? I'm looking at the site and it looks like it connects to a computer via USB and the monitors go to the line outs. Would using an RCA/TRS cable work for powered monitors since the US-122 has RCA outs? How do I go about setting it up with Sonar? I have very limited experience with Sonar. Thanks for any help

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 04/27/2005 - 02:00

Don't buy one. I've had one, had a tonne of problems with latency and USB driver issues on a brand new computer (PC). I've heard they're even worse with Macs.

It's much more worthwhile to save your money and go with something better, or even go with the Edirol 2 Channel (Can't rememeber the name).

Sorry to be so blunt, but I've had experiences myself (and they're tech support) as well as help a friend set his up. In the end, we both took them back and got better interfaces.

As far as Sonar, any good interface with proper drivers should work.

anonymous Fri, 04/29/2005 - 09:11

I have a US 122 and have been using it for a year tracking demos with no problem (using a Sony Vaio laptop).

I'm using it with a freeware s/w package called Kristal Audio Engine which is pretty basic but easy to use. (better than the bundled s/w with which I lost patience). I'm guessing if this freeware package can recognise the US-122 as a soundcard running ASIO drivers then Sonar should do too.