10/10 with nuendo, i am running the system dual boot with windows 98, i am
using the system for editing and mixing multiple audio files, using a lot of
real time plugins.
Also I seem to be having a problem with IRQs, every hardware device in th
PCI slots seems to be sharing the same IRQ (modem, video card, network card
etc.) I am still in the process of setting the thing up so I haven't had
time to try nuendo, but I imagine i will be having a few problems. Is there
any way to overcome this?
I apologise if this is a stupid question my knowledge of PCs is limited.
Thanks,

Robin Sutherland

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Thu, 10/11/2001 - 12:45

Win2k tweaks....First...you have your system set to ACPI mode..that's why you see every device sharing teh same IRQ..to change this go to the device manager..expand the first item which is the computer...you will see ACPI mode..open it and go to the driver tab..update driver..have it list the drivers available..choose Standard PC..once you do this it will restart and when it does it will ask to reload all your drivers..very normal..all drivers are loaded so just let it do it's own thing.
Next...turn off any unneeded services..go to control panel..Administrative tools...services..if you are not on a network or do not have internet on the machine then turn off all TCP/IP, Task Scheduler, COM+, Network services, Fax Spooler, Printer Spooler, and other unneccessary services...
Next..in run menu type this:
diskperf -n
also go to System properties and go to performance..change it to background services..also dont format your drive for NTFS..it actually slows it down..also format your audio drive with the z:/64 switch...puts it at 32bit clusters for maximum output and performance..
For more info go to ProRec.com
they have an articel on how to tweak your system for WIn2k..very helpful since I really dont feel like typing out every tweak there is!!!!
Enjoy!!
Opus