Skip to main content

HELP! I just hooked up 3 ADATs with their optical outs into the A,B,&C banks of the 2408. I am using Samplitude and tried recording the 24 tracks but all i get is noise. The recorded audio looks as though they are the digital waveform pulses. Is this a direct transfer from the ADATs? They definitely look like the square wave equivilents. Since i've only used the 2408 for analog transfer, i've never used it for optical and can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. All help is appreciated! I'm using a 2408 mk2 w/ a 324 card, a home built computer (AMD XP200+) 1G of DDR, and a M-Audio soundcard. All the ADATs are the 1st edition (01s) and they are connected to a BRC controller. Any thoughts?

Topic Tags

Comments

RMB Sat, 03/21/2009 - 19:42

Is the MOTU set to receive the ADAT inputs?

Is the clock source on the MOTU set to the ADAT input? The MOTU needs to be synced with the ADATs somehow and this would be the simplest, most obvious way.

Are all three ADATs synced with themselves?

Those would be the first to look at.

If yes, it would be something further downstream.

Keep in mind the sample rate of the ADAT outs would be either 44.1 or 48K.

Boswell Mon, 03/23/2009 - 11:02

Make sure the ADAT tape units are interconnected using 9-pin ADAT sync cables. The one that has no sync input connected will be the ADAT sync master. Connect the ADAT lightpipe outputs to the ADAT inputs of the 2048. Sync the 2048 to the ADAT lightpipe input that is connected to the master ADAT.