Skip to main content

Hello,

My previous post was about which audio interface I should buy and how soundcards works.
Luckly I could put my hands on an Aardvark Direct Pro 2496.
Just to be sure that you, reading this post, get the exact card I am talking about here is its link:

http://www.synthman.com/aardvark/100110.html

So it has a PCI card, a 25pin cable, and the main module.

I have it installed (both phisically and logically -driver-) as instructed in the manual and I am pretty sure that I have done it right. The original CD supplied provides driver version 7.00 but in driverguide.com I have found the v7.13.

Using 7.00, Cubase 3SX was not able to initialize ASIO Driver for Aardvark Interface. Once I have installed the v7.13 it went all successfully dealing with ~13.047ms input and ~13.865ms output latencies.

The Aarkdvark Control Manager was running ok and I've figured that out with no further problems.
The only thing I got stucked was with Patchbay (routing configuration).

For some reason I couldn't hear my guitar (plugged into mic/line1) using phones monitor. Surely I had it configured to route to the phones monitor. Right after I tried to route this sound to Analog Output 1, but nothing happened.

Facts:
1-Using the phones in the Monitor Phones Output I can hear some eletronic noise when I turn the computer on (sounds from hard drive working, CD rom drive spinning up, etc).
2-Using the phones in the analog outputs I hear nothing.
3-When I push the button Phantom Power I hear a peak noise, and Cubase detecs that noise too, same as Aardvark Control Manager's led indicators on the Main Level/Volume.
4-When I plug my guitar in any Analog Input I am not able to hear any sound through Monitors Phone's Output or Analogs Output 1 thru 4 (since it is properly routed).

I am not sure if this device is working properly and I don't know what to do now. I am trying to use this device in order to not having to buy a new one and save for a little bit more.

I would like to thank you for reading and helping. I really appreciate that.

Att,

Gabriel Amadeus
amadeustm@gmail.com
amadeuswm@hotmail.com (msn)

Topic Tags