Skip to main content

Hi!
Have you guys tested this 720 monitor from Alesis?

Also. ..what are the main differences between:
a) M1 mk1 and mk2? I read what is written on their site... However, I imagine that Uncle Cedar and Brother Bill shall have better info!

b) are the M1 mk2 active just a simple combi of the awful RA100 + mk2 passive?
I preferred to use the ordinary stuff from Tascam and SAMSOM, like the PA150.

Hope to hear from ya
Hugs
Alécio
:p

Topic Tags

Comments

KurtFoster Thu, 01/30/2003 - 08:57

Alo! ACB,
Is it summer in the Southern Hemisphere? It's raining like all get out in OREGON! That's why they call us "Ducks" here. We all grow webs on our feet! I haven't heard the Alesis speakers but I gotta tell ya my first reaction is "Oh no! Not again!" You are willing to spend tons of money on new digital equipment all the time, pres, mixers etc. Why won't you consider going out and purchasing a set of really good monitors? I know they are not as exciting as a new mixer with all the lights meters and knobs but it really is a better investment. A good set of speakers can last decades if you take good care of them while that $10,000 mixer your thinking about will be relatively worthless in a few years. If you’re really serious about getting into mastering you need some good speakers. There are no cheap speakers that are good. They're just cheap. Cheap or good, make your choice. I don't mean to be hash with you so please don't take it that way but you simply can't get there from here IMO.. Fats
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tannoy, Dynaudio, Blue Sky, JBL, Earthworks, Westlake, NS 10's :D , Genelec, Hafler, KRK, and PMC
Those are good. …………………….. Pick one.

Alécio Costa Thu, 01/30/2003 - 09:40

Hi Cedar! You are great man!
Hey, I voted 5 stars for ya!!!
My 02R v2 cost me around $8500 in 1997 and now it is around $4000!!!!

Yes, I have been dreaming with a Pair of Passive ADAMS ( around $2500 I imagine) and I have never seen the NS1000´s that Bill has recommended a lot, down here in Brazil!

Yes, here is summer. Freel free to appear here and relax at my place, you and Bill!
Hugs
Alécio

KurtFoster Thu, 01/30/2003 - 10:11

ACB,
They don't make the NS1000's anymore. You will have to settle for a used set if that's what you want. I think for mastering and mixing you should take a look at Westlakes. Very high end, seen mostly in Pro rooms. Or just refer to the list in my signature line. Fats
Tannoy, Dynaudio, Blue Sky, JBL, Earthworks, Westlake, NS 10's :D , Genelec, Hafler, KRK, and PMC
Those are good. …………………….. Pick one.

x

User login