Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to recording, and I've got this problem.

I use an triggered drumkit (mesh heads + ddrum triggers) to rehearse at home and record drumtracks.

The problem is that my Alesis DM5 seems to send a far too loud signal to my Samson MDR624 mixing desk, even so that when I turn the gain off, it still gives a loud signal.

I like to play along with tracks on my pc, and mix it in with the drums, but the problem is that I get occasional "cracking" sounds from the drums. I cannot seem to find a way to make the input sound from the Alesis softer, and still be able to get a decent volume from the desk.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem, and if so, does anyone have a solution?

I never had this problem with my old Yamaha DTX and a Behringer desk?

Thanks for any help.

Topic Tags

Comments

schizojames Tue, 05/10/2005 - 15:12

If you are sending the signal from the drumset (line level) into your mixers XLR inputs...that is your problem. If you are sending line-level outs to the line-level inputs, check all of your gain pots, as well as the amount of gain on your computer inputs (don't use the mic input on the soundcard, use the line-in). Also try the other set of outputs from the DM5, I don't have one, but it may make a difference.

Hope this Helps,
James
InnerSpace