Skip to main content

Anyone have experiences with the Ashly 508 mixer for location classical work? I like the feature set ... not too many bells/whistles, and 2-space rack mountability is very attractive. But of course, sound and quality of the pream section are what I'm looking for.

Sorry to start another thread here, but this request kinda got submerged in the other thread. All comments on this mixer welcomed.

Cheers,
M

Topic Tags

Comments

Cucco Tue, 03/08/2005 - 07:58

Mike,

Sorry, I can't speak directly to that product, but I'm real familiar with the Ashly line of EQs. Their stuff is usually quite high grade - good value for the dollar. Though it's typically designed for live sound, this mixer looks like it's got some damn fine stuff - Xformer and Xformerless outs - massive gain structure, super quiet - I don't think you could go wrong.

J...

anonymous Tue, 03/08/2005 - 11:51

I use an Ashly LX308 stereo line mixer in my live acoustic guitar/looping rig. I've never used the two mic preamps so I can't comment on that, but the mix bus is clean, low noise, high headroom. The build quality is very good also. Their equipment is probably not the ultimate in high-end quality you could get for remote recording, but it's very good at that price point.

I bought my line mixer used on Ebay, which made it an even better deal.

Mike Barrs