Skip to main content

My motherboard fried and I need a replacement. I really like this board and hate to change. Unfortunatly this and just about all the other dual MP boards are discontinued. Anyone know where I can still find one of these NEW. I got my old one used on eBay and it only lasted about 8 months. I'd really like to find someone who has a new one in stock.

If I can't find one, what other MB would you suggest for dual Athlon MP's? I tried one of the TYAN boards before the ASUS and it didn't like my system. Very unstable. The only others I know of are the Gigabyte and MSI.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 02/19/2004 - 20:50

There's been a bit of debate about dual processor boards of late. Seems that the performance increase is not that great and not worth the money. A Barton core processor has a significantly larger cache than previous versions and performs very well. I have built a number of Barton core DAWs of late and they are screamers. The preferred board at this time is the ASUS A7N8X deluxe. The NForce chipsets seem to be the go over recent times rather than the Via ones. But the market changes like the wind. There are faster boards out there but so far as reliability and features go, the ASUS remains my choice. Don't forget though that for a serious DAW 1 Gig of high quality RAM will save you a lot in the long run. Good Luck.

anonymous Sun, 02/22/2004 - 07:40

i work on a Dual ASUS A7M266-D with 2x 2000+ MP..

man It´s ReALLYYY amazing....
the second proc. MAkes the difference and worth the money...

Make a project that eat your CPU by 90% ... and then load this same project with one processor.

Prolly it will still eat 90% of yoru CPU... but your computer will be Extremly slow.. :D

get another Asus :D

Cheers..
PG

KurtFoster Sun, 02/22/2004 - 10:45

I also use a dual ASUS A7M266-D with 2 Anthlon 1800+ processors and it is very impressive. I typicaly run at least 24 to 32 tracks of 24 bit / 44.1, with as many as 45 instances of eq, comps, efx. I have yet to see a CPU load of more than 20% and no hard disk load ... one of the best audio investments I have ever made.