Skip to main content

I have a Boss BR-1600 and want to incorporate my computer in the setup for MIDI, sequencing, editing & mixing.I know the capabilities of what is onboard the BR-1600, but would like to practice performing some of the mentioned tasks in a different environment.I have an old 800mhz celeron.What recomendations does the group have for the software to get.I have a copy of Qbase VST.

What I would like to do is import to software that would then ley each track (as in 1-16) out as it was on the the BR-1600.From there I would like to edit.I would also like to sync a sequencer w/ the board.Maby some graphical signal processing or anaylizing software.Would VST Qbase do the trick?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Tue, 05/31/2005 - 09:13

Hello, I just registered to this site after seeing your question from a few months ago. This is similar to what I'd like to do. I have a Boss BR-1600CD and am thinking about buying CuBase SX3. I'd like to use my Boss BR-1600CD as a mixer and use Cubase as my main software package for recording MIDI, sequencing, editing & mixing, etc... It looks like you were using differnt software but, am wondering if you had any luck integrating your BR-1600 with your computer / DAW?
Thanks,

Joe C.

dlinvil1 wrote: I have a Boss BR-1600 and want to incorporate my computer in the setup for MIDI, sequencing, editing & mixing.I know the capabilities of what is onboard the BR-1600, but would like to practice performing some of the mentioned tasks in a different environment.I have an old 800mhz celeron.What recomendations does the group have for the software to get.I have a copy of Qbase VST.

What I would like to do is import to software that would then ley each track (as in 1-16) out as it was on the the BR-1600.From there I would like to edit.I would also like to sync a sequencer w/ the board.Maby some graphical signal processing or anaylizing software.Would VST Qbase do the trick?

anonymous Wed, 06/01/2005 - 12:40

http://site.magix.net/index.php?id=13224&type=2&no_cache=1"]Best $79 you'll ever spend

Very powerful program, programs actually. for the money, you'll get Logic Audio Lite, without all that environment stuff, and a nice bunch of Virtual Instruments. You'll also get Samplitude lite, with a few more Virtual Instruments, lots of effects(nice effects I might add), and a spectral analyzer I think.