Skip to main content

I'm using a 1814 with windows vista.. my problem is that when i try and change to ADAT it won't let me. I have all tried kinds of things. downloading new drivers,going to my Xp computer and reseting the 1814 and other things that an m-audio worker told me to do, but nothing. I was hoping something that knows what they are really doing can help me.

thank you for your time!

Comments

Boswell Thu, 12/13/2007 - 03:45

Is this with Vista32 or Vista64?

What do you mean by "when i try and change to adat it wont let me"? Do you get the radio buttons in the Digital Port Selection panel of the Control Panel? When you click ADAT for the input, does the button change but the hardware input reamain switched to S/PDIF? Does the ADAT output selection work?

Boswell Fri, 12/14/2007 - 03:37

MMoranX11 wrote: Under Hardware tab.
Digital port seletion
Input I want to switch to adat.. its on spdif and it will not let me change it to adat.

You didn't answer the question of whether the output will switch to ADAT, or are both input and output stuck on S/PDIF?

MMoranX11 wrote: I think its vista 32 but i'm not sure how to find that...

Right click My Computer -> Properties.

Boswell Sat, 12/15/2007 - 03:19

As I understand you, everything works under XP and everything except the S/PDIF-ADAT switches works under Vista32. If that's the case, I think you go back to the M-Audio help desk, present them with exactly what you have found out in words of not more than two syllables, and get them either to help you get it working or admit that there is a problem with the Vista driver.

Boswell Tue, 12/18/2007 - 04:46

Yes, we did, because it has ruled out several other possible causes. We're not experts on getting commercial gear to run with latest versions of operating systems - that's the job of the manufacturer. What you will find here are several opinions that you should at present avoid Vista as an operating system for audio work, as the OS and the various manufacturers' drivers are just not stable enough as yet.

The M-Audio site shows the current FireWire1814 Vista32 driver as a beta release, so it would be surprising if there were not still some fixing still to be done. Like many other manufacturers, they have released the beta version so they can get customer feedback on problems found in the field.

x

User login