Skip to main content

I am looking to purchase both the Studio Projects sp828 and 2 "Bricks" (in about a month) giving me a total of 10 pre's that will hopefully blow my crappy PreSonus and Behringer pre's out of the water. My only concern now is that I cannot find any reviews regarding this product. While I know that Kurt gives it thumbs up, and hasn't steered anyone in the wrong direction, I am still wondering if anyone has actually heard or used one yet? PLEASE let me hear from you if you have used this product.

Thanks!
Nick

Topic Tags

Comments

KurtFoster Tue, 05/03/2005 - 10:39

Please understand, I have not seen or heard the SP 828.

Any "thumbs up" I have given to the SP 828 has been based only on the price and features, when compared to other multi channel pres in its price range (and really to be candid, has been on a "ohh, if you insist basis). It is electronically balanced and uses the Burr Brown chip (scares me) ...
:shock:
They might be better than the Behringer pres, probably about the same as the PreSonus pres. You will hear some slight tonal differences and there may be small variances in noise levels and available gain but these pres do not deliver the wide bandwidth, good phase, transient and bass response and lack dimension and depth of some others.

The Brick, I have heard and used ... I like it very much. I am amazed how inexpensive it is.

anonymous Wed, 05/04/2005 - 11:25

Thanks for the reply Kurt :wink:

I didn't mean to insinuate that you've reviewed it or were endorsing it or anything. I just know that you can generally give an opinion based on the build/schematics alone. But if I'm not going to get any better that the Presonus I've already got I'll just keep saving my money for something MUCH better like the... JLM - TMP8 :D

Thanks again, I've learned SO much from reading the posts (yourself, Dave Dog, Recorderman) at RO.

Nick