Skip to main content

I am considering selling my DIGI001 and getting the Tascam FW1804 that comes with Cubase LE. I have never used either of these products and would really like some opinions.

I am also thinking of getting the Digitech GNX4 as this might cover all my needs and comes with the midi drum software.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 04/08/2005 - 15:39

Nothing is wrong with the Digi001 and the 5.3.1 le software that I am using. I really like it! With Digidesign releasing the last version of Protools 6.4 le to be supported on the Digi001, and the 001 being limited to 24/48, I am thinking that the time might be right to sell it. I can still get a good dollar for it on Ebay and almost enough to by the Tascam FW1804 which is capable of 24/96 and is Firewire with 2 more xlr inputs.

Kev Fri, 04/08/2005 - 16:01

Yes I see the point.

Many of us still have no intention of using the 96 k and I'm on HD TDM.

So you could roll the dice one more time and ware out the 001 with a 6.1 ... perhaps 6.4 (still experimenting)

This advice is more about XP than perhaps Mac as the 001 isd a PCI card.
XP/6.1 can run Reason and so you get your drum kit and some synths and good PT support.

All you need is a newer version of PT ... ask a friend .... if you get my drift.

FireWire has caused some people some problems BUT it is also trouble free for others.

You could consider wearing the 001 and the current computer into the ground such that it's not worth a thing abd then worry about a new start later.
Things are going to change a lot in the next year.

I think some clear lines of who owns what and what direction these companies want to go, will become clear very soon.