Skip to main content

Hey, i have M-audio fast track usb (not pro) for recording electric guitar and it works fine... But now i wanna record acoustic guitar... I have preaty good AT3035 mic. Now fast track have 1 mic preamp but i can get Behringer UB1202 mixer so i wanna know what ut think, which one (fast track or Behringer ) have better preamps?

thx

Comments

hueseph Wed, 10/29/2008 - 02:26

Where's the neither option? The Fast Track is probably marginally better. Don't bother getting a mixer. Even a cheap preamp will be better. Consider that they put all the money into a little 10 channel mixer(which you'll never really be able to put to use anyway) including the preamps. That just adds to cheap (as in $0.50 preamps). At least with a cheap preamp, you know that you're buying $30 worth of preamp. M-Audio has the Audio Buddy. I don't know if you can still buy this but it's a simple two channel mic pre with phantom power. Probably your best bet under $100. If you can afford more, by all means look for the best preamp you can afford.

jordy Wed, 10/29/2008 - 02:34

hmmm. not sure. i would prolly say the M-Audio would have the better pre. -i also have the fast track. i think it works great. plus if you're looking at the Berhinger mixer thingy because it has more inputs, beware....the usb connection from the mixer to the computer will prolly only have a 1 stereo mix out. -it's not multiple simultaneous inputs into your DAW...it's just a Mixed stereo input....witch isn't very ideal when it comes to control with editing post recording.
if i were you....and are looking for the 8 simultaneous inputs, i'd def. just save a lil cash and upgrade to the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra...or the Ultra 8R. i think the ultra is like $350 and the Ultra 8R is $450....or something close to that.
good luck
-jordan

anonymous Wed, 10/29/2008 - 08:14

thank u.. No im not looking for 8 inputs, i just wanted to know which one has better preamp.
And yeah i know this isnt so good equipment but i need it for now. Ill not buy something cheap, whan time come ill get myself better stuff but for now this was my only options...
Ok than, M-audio fast track it is