Skip to main content

I have 1680 backup data from VSCDRII on several CDr's. Can I recover this to the VS2480 with the Masterlink? If the answer is NO, then is there any other way to transfer data besides the VSCDRII? Im also looking for ways to backup current 2480 data SAFELY. But if the VSCDRII is the best way, I guess I'll have to do it.
Any other comments /reviews on the Masterling would be nice. Especialy in conjunction with VS machines.

Topic Tags

Comments

Curve Dominant Mon, 07/02/2001 - 21:20

xxxfiler,

Should I assume that you are no longer in possession of the VSCDR? The Roland CDR and the Plextor are pretty much standard for backup. You'll need one for 2480 backup anywho, so try uploading your info from the 1680 CD's, and tell us if that works.

As far as reviews of the Masterlink, the most vivid that I can recall is one that referred to it as the MasterFix: once you start using it, you can't stop. It's not a backup device, but it's a KILLER outboard CD burner. I was praying for the survival of the Alesis Corporation for the sake of the Masterlink alone, although I'm sure that Keith Barr & Co have much more up their sleeves once Numark helps them back to their feet. Suffice to say, the Masterlink is phatt.

anonymous Tue, 07/03/2001 - 04:11

Yea , 1680 & CDRII got stolen, from a church no less, but I had all my projects spared. Insurance provided enough to purchase 2480 but thats all I can afford right now. My wife refuses to give me any money she earns as a prostitute. :eek: I was hopfull for a computer interface cdr/w solution. I did'nt want to buy another cdrII or rack model. But Ill quit whining now and save some money for a Roland CDR RACK. And dream about the masterlink.
I'd like to hear some testimonies on the Masterlink.

x

User login