Skip to main content

I'm not an audio guy, but my job has me recording and editing. We are using Audition 2 and recently purchased Tascam FW-1082 boards. The only useful thing on the board seems to be the gain knob. The sliders don't adjust anything while recording. Also, the gain knob is only useful during the last 1/4 of it's rotation. Anything less than that, and the sound doesn't record. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 11/13/2008 - 10:31

Seneb wrote: I'm not an audio guy, but my job has me recording and editing. We are using Audition 2 and recently purchased TASCAM FW-1082 boards. The only useful thing on the board seems to be the gain knob. The sliders don't adjust anything while recording. Also, the gain knob is only useful during the last 1/4 of it's rotation. Anything less than that, and the sound doesn't record. Any help would be great. Thanks!

What is your question? Sounds like normal performance from someone that does not work with audio using dynamic microphones.

My advice? RTM.

For starters: What type of microphones? What are you recording? What environment? Music or speech?

Seneb Fri, 11/14/2008 - 02:37

Ok, I did RTM and it sucks. I've also done a lot of searching for information and have read everything I can find. I'm wondering why the trim knobs are only useful in the last 1/4 part of their rotation. We have a dedicated sound booth (WhisperRoom) and our mics are AKG C 414 B-ULS. We are recording one to three people reading scripts for language lessons.

Also, has anyone set up a talkback mic with this board? I'm messing with that right now...

anonymous Sat, 03/27/2010 - 11:34

Using the Tascam FW1082 with Adobe Audition

Open Audition CS3 and go to edit then open Preferences click on External Controllers
under External Control Devices select Mackie Control under Volume Increments(db) select 0.5 click on Configure
In the Midi Input Device select FW1082 Control and In the Midi Output Device select FW1082 Control and click OK

The FW1082 start stop record etc. should now work with Audition CS3 . this may work with CS4 and earlier versions as well, so if someone finds it does post your findings.

anonymous Sat, 03/27/2010 - 11:35

Open Audition CS3 and go to edit then open Preferences click on External Controllers
under External Control Devices select Mackie Control under Volume Increments(db) select 0.5 click on Configure
In the Midi Input Device select FW1082 Control and In the Midi Output Device select FW1082 Control and click OK

The FW1082 start stop record etc. should now work with Audition CS3 . this may work with CS4 and earlier versions as well, so if someone finds it does post your findings.