Skip to main content

I have an opportunity to get either a pair of Tannoy Reveals or Event 20/20's in exchange for a video card I'm not using anymore. They both belong to a friend who has upgraded his monitors. I have used Reveals before and liked them alot. They have great detail and the imaging is super, but since they are not extremely flat EQ can be a little tricky but not unworkable. I tried to audition the 20/20's this week but the room wasn't sound proof and the noise from the store made it difficult to tell what I was and wasn't hearing. My friend lives several states away so listening to them in his studio isn't practical. I'm working on upgading mic's so new mon's are not in the budget at this time. I've heard good things about the 20/20's also so I thought I would ask for a little feedback before I make my decision. Thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

Massive Mastering Sat, 08/28/2004 - 22:19

I "kinda" like the Tannoy's and I "kinda" like the 20/20 PASSIVES.

I don't like the 20/20 bas... Not even a tiny little bit. If I came up with another pair somehow, I'd actually pay you to take them away from me.

That might sound a little harsh...

Let's just say that I kinda like the passives...

Between the two? Personal taste, I guess... I'd probably edge toward the Reveals.

KurtFoster Sun, 08/29/2004 - 13:41

In the Tannoy speakers I like the ones that are coaxial and expensive. As far as the Events they would make much better door stops or wheel chocks to keep you car from rolling downhill than the unused video card , so that is probably a good trade.

IMO, Chineese condenser mics (and only in some instances) and low cost digital recorders are the only decent things that manufacturers have been able to get out the door at budget prices. The rest of this stuff pretty much follows the rule of thumb, cheap is cheap, expensive is good. Good monitors are pricey. The only small inexpensive monitor I have heard so far that is any good at all is the Yamaha MSP5's ...

Ammitsboel Sun, 08/29/2004 - 14:55

In the Tannoy speakers I like the ones that are coaxial and expensive. As far as the Events they would make much better door stops or wheel chocks to keep you car from rolling downhill than the unused video card , so that is probably a good trade.

I think so too, except that a speaker so light couldn't stop any car from rolling downhill and i also don't like the coaxials.

I like the small AudioNote speakers(about same size as the reveals) together with a Sugden or an AudioNote amp.

Best Regards