Skip to main content

I have a Grace 101 model which I use in my home studio with the Studio Projects C1 mic. I find it to be a very clean mic preamp but I just checked the price of the Sebatron 1000 and all these great reviews got me curious... how would these two mic preamps compare ?

Comments

Sebatron Thu, 10/06/2005 - 09:48

The Sebatron is a valve passed mic pre ,, the Grace is based on intergrated circuiry . These are two completely different methods to do the same thing.
After listening to some of the clips on your website , I would recommend the Sebatron for the bass guitar , guitars D.I and possibly some of the backing vocals to introduce some colour into the sonics.
In some cases the differences would be subtle ,, but on certain instruments the Sebatron provides a presence peak that can make the difference between a mix sounding flat and lifeless to something with flair and style.
Compressing a track will often make the differences between the preamps more audible.

8)

anonymous Thu, 10/06/2005 - 12:08

My idea would be to replace the mic pre since I cannot afford to have two mic pres... I would try to sell the Grace 101 and buy a new one.

I do like the Grace 101 but the Sebatron is not very expensive I know the best would be keep the Grace and buy the Sebatron ... but I cannot afford them.

I only use the mic pre for vocal recording mainly and bass going thru a DI