Skip to main content

Sennheiser M/S shot gun->Mini MP----->RME ADI-2-->hahahaha Mauido transit S/PDIF input 96 24 stereo.
I can monitor from the ADI-2.

Topic Tags

Comments

ghellquist Wed, 04/20/2005 - 09:00

The Transit is OK. It has optical in. It will do the job, unless you are very unlucky and have one of the laptops that simply is not compatible. USB sound is sort of tricky, and some laptops simply does not seem to make it.

While you are it, try the AD in the Transit as well. It is better than the small plastic box would make you into believing (not a match though).

Gunnar

anonymous Wed, 04/20/2005 - 09:15

ghellquist wrote: The Transit is OK. It has optical in.
It will do the job, unless you are very unlucky and have one of the laptops that simply is not compatible.
?????
USB sound is sort of tricky, and some laptops simply does not seem to make it.
What???Laptops??Isn't is the USB controlers?

While you are it, try the AD in the Transit as well. It is better than the small plastic box would make you into believing (not a match though).
10x but no thanx.I will stick with ADIA-2

Gunnar

ghellquist Wed, 04/20/2005 - 14:12

Sorry,
I was a bit off. Too much talk lately about laptops.

What I was trying to say really is that do try your actual PC (or laptop or Mac or whatever) with the USB sound card (in this case the Transit). Most current machines will work, but there are combinations that simply does not seem to work, regardless of how much work you put into them. The Transit in my experience is well-behaved, but USB sound is a bit tricky.

To qualify my answer, I do own a Transit myself. As well as an MBox and a Motu 828mkII.

And, do try the AD in the Transit. It will not be a match for your ADIA-2 as I did try to write, but do try it anyway. All you need is a cable between your Preamp and the transit. At least you will know what the difference is. I am predicting that you will be surprised. (I am also predicting that you will not ditch you ADIA-2).

Gunnar

x

User login