Skip to main content

Hi there,

I'm looking for infos about the Studer 089 12 in 2 Mixing Console from the late 60ies. Has anyone seen or used it or knows anything about it ?

Thanks a lot, Andreas

Comments

anonymous Thu, 06/27/2002 - 07:50

Wow !
Can you tell me a few more details ?
Do you have some manuals or schematics ?
Do you have the onboard compressor ? Or was this one just available for the 089mkII ?
As you see, I know nothing, but I love the sound of the preamps. Usually, I record with TAB V76 and Siemens V276, but in the moment, everything goes thru the Studer.

Later, Andreas

anonymous Thu, 06/27/2002 - 07:52

Wow !
Can you tell me a few more details ?
Do you have some manuals or schematics ?
Do you have the onboard compressor ? Or was this one just available for the 089mkII ?
As you see, I know nothing, but I love the sound of the preamps. Usually, I record with TAB V76 and Siemens V276, but in the moment, everything goes thru the Studer.

Later, Andreas

anonymous Tue, 07/02/2002 - 08:35

Hi, i've just got a 189 MkI. The modules are pretty much the same as 089. The 189 was the bigger sister/bigger frame. They are class A all discrete consoles. I don't know " how it sounds"
yet cause console is actually on service and we'll get some upgrades done too. Since they were " Broadcast " consoles the frequency response is quite limited. there are other quirks but is quite soon to elaborate now. You can get in touch with Studer for manual/schematics. i wanted to use it on location...yeah right...is heavy as a tank..
Overall greatly suggested..quality is outstanding
all around...Jo