Skip to main content

I just started recording on a Tascam US-224 using Cubais VST (bundles with the Tascam). I am just starting our in recording and was wondering if anyone knew why this setup will only record one instrument at a time?

It has 2 inputs on the Tascam, but the software only recognizes 1.

Thanks!
gofish

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 02/06/2004 - 21:39

Can't tell you how many times I've fielded this question.... ;) The bundled Cubasis app was written to only do one (STEREO) input (or two MONO inputs) at a time. But it's possible to trick it into recording up to four mono inputs if you know the secret handshake. (Through the magic of webarchive.org, I dug up the old FAQ on it, which is below).

This ONLY works with the US-428. The US-224 only has two inputs, but you can still record two mono tracks at a time, if you make sure the track you're arming for record is set for STEREO, not mono.

Here's the old FAQ entry:

Is it possible to record four simultaneous inputs in the bundled Cubasis application?
Yes. Heres how to do it:

Make certain that all four inputs of the US-428 are activated
Select an audio track for recording
In the Arrange window, set the selected track's input channel to ANY
In the track's Record Info (left side of the Arrange window), select channels 1 through 4. (You will be prompted to specify an Audio Files path - crate a new folder and note the path).
Arm the track and record.
On completion, you will see a wave file in the arrange window. This is a combination of all four inputs, and can be discarded.
Select File / Import Audio File... Open your previously selected Audio Files folder.
You will see four separate .WAV files, each labeled one through four. Import them one at a time into the arrange window. (They will all have the same time-stamp, as they were recorded simultaneously).