Skip to main content

Hello All,
My church want to have a system setup that is able to capture our various choirs performances, which will then be edited and burned to CD for sale.My budget is $4000.00 but out of this I plan to purchase an Allen & Heath GL2200 mixer $2500.oo and the balance $1500 for the recorder.
From what I've read I really want the HD192, but of course that would put me over budget so I was looking at the Fostex D2424 as an alternate. I realise the 24bit 96khz versus 24 bit 192 khz difference between these two. So what do ya'll think and does any body have any other suggestions as to how I should go.
thanks for your comments.
DB

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sat, 08/09/2003 - 17:12

I don't know anything about the Fostex, but the Motu HD192 simply sounds amazing. I don't go above 44.1 because it just sounds so good. I recently imported some tracks into my new setup that i previously recorded on a Digi 001, and immediately it sounded so much better. The reason is the D/A's make such a difference when monitoring and everything was just crisper and clearer (thus, i could mix the tracks much easier when i could actually hear what i was doing!).

If you have a mac, the audiodesk software that comes with the HD192 would probably do a great job for what you are looking to do.

Good luck!