Skip to main content

I know this topic has been covered in the past but some of the posts are a couple years old. So since I will be buying one of these soon. I thought I'd ask you users of these, how have they been holding up? Any Regrests?
I notice the ddx's are hard to find, many places don't stock them anymore so I have my worries about that. I would save about 1200.00 if I got the DDX.

I use Cubase SX 3.1, Reason 3 etc. I would use these as a control surface, as well as the ADAT connected to my Layla 3g. I do like having many options and of course I don't like regretting a purchase. :D So any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

anonymous Mon, 01/16/2006 - 12:44

Well I use a 01V96 V2 everyday at the radio station I work at and I love it!

We had recently done an upgrade from the 03Ds to the 01V96 and there is way more routing options and not to mention the kick ass usb out for controlling your DAW! I'm using it with Soundscape here at the station, but one other guy here runs the same mixer with Pro Tools and it works like a charm for routing and controlling. Alot better then the 03D anyway....

Can't really say anything about the other board you mentioned but if I had the money I would get the 01V96 for my own studio (I ended up snagging one of the 03Ds that they upgraded) as it has way more options.

I really like that every channel on the 01V96 can be bused out the whatever ADAT output you want. That isn't the case with the 03D. You have to have 1 thru 8 bused out 1 thru 8 on the ADAT out and then 9-16 can be bused out as well 1 thru 8 but not all at the same time. On the 01V96 you can bus multiple channels through any ADAT output you'd like.

This board is also has 8 output buses if you plan on busing analog. It also features 8 sends which is a nice change from the 4 on the 03D.

All in all I really like to 01V96 V2 and I would buy one if I had the cash TRUST ME, but I don't so the 03D will have to work for me for a while I guess. Hope I could help, Cheers!
Jay

cfaalm Mon, 01/16/2006 - 14:01

If you're on a budget, you can't beat the Behringer. If you would ever consider tracking in 96K you're out of luck and you wish you had the 01v96.

What JayStyles says about the 01v96 is true. It is a lovely machine. I own one, though I have it connected on mLAN with the MY-16 mLAN. It is a more flexible solution than the Behringer.

moonbaby Mon, 01/16/2006 - 14:41

You are basically asking," Which is better, Yamaha or Behringer?"
YAMAHA! They have the R&D to get things right, and build gear better than it has to be. ALL Uli Behringer does is copy other companies' stuff and build it with cheap parts. Of course, he is saving YOU money, right?
If you can possibly swing the extra money to buy the Yamaha, do it! It will save you hassles, headaches, and even maybe some $$$ down the road...

anonymous Mon, 01/16/2006 - 20:52

I am leaning more towards the Yamaha...Thanks to all of your input. My other question is...What is the best way to configure my connections? I have 6 instruments(sound modules, guitar POD XT)and 4 effects processors. I want to use the 01v96 with the Layla 3g soundcard. What is best to connect to the Mixer(instruments/FX) and what is best to connect to the soundcard? Or does it matter. I have also been told to connect the "word clock", OUT of the soundcard and IN to the mixer.

jdsdj98 Tue, 01/31/2006 - 19:33

I've had an 01V at home for a long time now, and work on a DM2000 daily at work. I like 'em both, and can definitely say that the geography carries from the 01V up to the DM2000 very well. Yamaha builds that line of mixers along the same logic in terms of getting around through screens and tabs, which is very helpful. I consider the DM2000 to be a really big, beefed up 01V. So, consider the fact that you can use the 01V as a springboard for learning Yamaha's larger mixers, which are very popular and widely used. I doubt the B*hr@ngR would give you that foundation.

The PM1D and PM5D are different beasts entirely, though. No similarities between the those and the smaller, more inexpensive Yamaha mixers, from what I understand.

anonymous Wed, 02/01/2006 - 21:27

Another question for you 01v96 people. I've heard some have had bad luck with the USB connection. I just went through a nightmare usb driver issue with a midi patchbay and had to format and reinstall my software. I use windows xp pro sp2. I will use it alongside a Midisport 8x8s. Is the USB driver for the 01v96v2 giving anyone problems? Any tips? :)

x

User login