Skip to main content

Hello-

This might be a little simplistic as it doesn't encompass design/capsule/electronics so i'm postin' it here instead of SP's but if you can help SP that's cool as well!

I bought some AKG 451's and on my first outting with em i noticed that the mic cord never "clicked." I tried using a little force - not too much - but it never clicked in but it was definitely a tight fit and the mics weren't going anywhere so I let it ride.

After 4 sessions with em, the "ring" on the back - for lack of a better word - that holds the mics guts in came off on both of em (i only have one "ring"- the other is in a venue on the west side of Cleveland.) When I tried to disconnect the mic cable the electronics just slid out still attached to the connector.

They are functional otherwise but I would like 'em repaired so the guts stay in. Can anyone help or refer me to someone who can?

Many thanks, tribal elders. Wig Wam.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 06/28/2001 - 07:21

thankee sir.

thought cuz it was not made anymore i may not get help there. shall give it a go.

edit- btw: well that was easy. nice guys at akg... getting me the part for under 20 bucks. thanks again! simple to you/ new to me. now if i could just affd one or 10 of yer mics and do a SP mod my to the 451s...

anonymous Tue, 07/10/2001 - 09:28

Hi,

well, I can´t tell you how to fix your mics, but I know that there is an AKG subsidery in US, Nashville. Guess you can find some help there. Or try to post your request at the Forum of the AKG homepage http://www.akg-acoustics.com

I got help there last time. Good luck!

This might be a little simplistic as it doesn't encompass design/capsule/electronics so i'm postin' it here instead of SP's but if you can help SP that's cool as well!

I bought some AKG 451's and on my first outting with em i noticed that the mic cord never "clicked." I tried using a little force - not too much - but it never clicked in but it was definitely a tight fit and the mics weren't going anywhere so I let it ride.

After 4 sessions with em, the "ring" on the back - for lack of a better word - that holds the mics guts in came off on both of em (i only have one "ring"- the other is in a venue on the west side of Cleveland.) When I tried to disconnect the mic cable the electronics just slid out still attached to the connector.

They are functional otherwise but I would like 'em repaired so the guts stay in. Can anyone help or refer me to someone who can?

Many thanks, tribal elders. Wig Wam.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Stephen Paul Tue, 07/10/2001 - 11:10

Be sure you check the little tab is really straight... that thing is very easily bent, and can be a little tough to center... make sure also to get it right in the groove, and absolutely, positively, make sure that shrink tubing is in place over the circuit board, or short city!

If you ever need for some reason to open it again, take a very small Swiss screwdriver and gently insert it between the ring collar and body and work the driver around the clip =gently= to slowly bring it up without bending...

Best to install the circlip using nothing but a needlenose and thumb pressure, and -gently- gently push it together until the flange slips into the cylinder groove and then press gently while lining up the little tab till it locks.

Good luck!