Skip to main content

Well, I am an idiot. I got an Aardvark Q10 (which is ugly, but otherwise fits my need for one of my computers) without bothering to check if they had a Windows 2000 driver available (I mean, who doesn't?). They're in some sort of post-beta, pre-release mode that you have to apply to take part in, which I have. However, I have no idea a) if they're going to let me in to the program, or b) how long it's going to take.

So, anyone have the previously available beta driver they can email me? Otherwise, that computer's gotta go back to 98, which sucks.

Thanks.

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Sat, 03/30/2002 - 10:00

You know...I've never liked their drivers or the way you have to configure the card with that patchbay thang...If I have to use some wierd routing system within the software for the audio card it's not worth it to me..the less I have to do to get up and running the better..thats why I like Echo or RME cards..sweet and simple to use..nothing relating to onboard DSP(which would be nice) but the Aardvark cards had issue when they first came out with the card overheating and constantly being fried within the package on the card itself..I dont know if the Q10 has the same card desgin as the Direct Pro series..if it does make sure you keep that sucker cool!
Cant say I know of any previsou beta drives since I dont use that card..call them up and see if Ben is still working or Aardvark..he was my contact when I was working at Sweetwater.
Opus

Jon Best Sat, 03/30/2002 - 12:29

Yeah, I remember some of those issues with the early ones- I had an Aark 20/20 when they were pretty new, before I went to the mac, and although I had to jump through some configuration hoops, it sounded great. I can't find anything besides the Q10 for PC with eight built in mic pre's, either.

Unfortunately, the pc it's going in doesn't even recognize that there's anything *in* the PCI slots I tried, and I can't get it to force the install, either. I will try it in another computer, but I think the card itself may be DOA.

Someone give me the money for an AD16 and an iX one.

Originally posted by Opus2000:
You know...I've never liked their drivers or the way you have to configure the card with that patchbay thang...If I have to use some wierd routing system within the software for the audio card it's not worth it to me..the less I have to do to get up and running the better..thats why I like Echo or RME cards..sweet and simple to use..nothing relating to onboard DSP(which would be nice) but the Aardvark cards had issue when they first came out with the card overheating and constantly being fried within the package on the card itself..I dont know if the Q10 has the same card desgin as the Direct Pro series..if it does make sure you keep that sucker cool!
Cant say I know of any previsou beta drives since I dont use that card..call them up and see if Ben is still working or Aardvark..he was my contact when I was working at Sweetwater.
Opus

anonymous Sat, 03/30/2002 - 14:16

If you go to audioforums.com and check out the posts on Aardvark, you'll get some good insight as to what's up. There are a few typically digruntled folks, but most have been very happy with the product, and have gotten good tech support. One of the Aardvark guys checks the posts regularily, and if you're civil, he seems to be very helpful in making your system work with their product. Ciao. JT