Skip to main content

Or under 1000.00 for that matter. I use a set of Alesis M1 Actives at work and I like them. They are not the most accurate I have heard though. Does anyone know of some that are smaller that are at least as accurate? The M1s run about 399 a pair. If I could find a used pair of anything cheaper than this, it would be great. But I am so worried about buying something like that (like off of Ebay) and it having problems like cracked cabinents or blown, over exerted woofers.
By the way, they have to be powered because I just do not want to add the color of an outboard amp and cables to the set up.
Thanks,
Jesse

Topic Tags

Comments

RecordingNewb Fri, 03/07/2008 - 14:16

i bought a pair of event tr-8's brand new from ebay a little over a year ago for $500 with shipping and i love them. the only negative that i can think of is that they're fairly large.

admittedly, i don't have a ton of experience with a huge variety of monitors, but i have used the dynaudio bm5's, the event tr5's and some crappy krk's. the dynaudio's are great if you can afford them, but they go for about a grand.

Cucco Sat, 03/08/2008 - 18:45

Under $1k there's a few options-
Under $500, there's one option.

Under $1k -
Adam A7
Dynaudio BM5A
Event ASP 8 (look hard - you'll find a pair under $1k)

Under $500 -
NHT Mini M00 ($399)
Add the S00 and you're at $699 for a killer system capable of upgrading to a 5.1 for very little $$$.

x

User login