Skip to main content

Hey gang, I have had one of these puppies backordered (from 8thstreet.com) for about 7 weeks and it is driving me nuts !

This is the first bit if kit I have had from Avalon Design and Im wondering, is this normal or is some one jerking my chain ?

In 8thstreets defense they did cut me a really good deal on the price of the order however as I have already payed for it,m I.m beginning to wonder !

Anyone had similar experiences ?

Topic Tags

Comments

Guest Sat, 04/30/2005 - 07:15

:( That sucks!
I have bought brand new pre amps. An API 3124+ and had to wait almost 4 weeks to get it. So it does happen.
But on the other hand, there are 737's at alot of local music stores that are in stock. So you would think, that they could at least call another dealer of Avalon (locally or down the road) and see if they could send them one to help ease your pain.
Just a thought
Good luck

AudioGaff Sat, 04/30/2005 - 12:12

Avalon as well as API are small companies. They only build products in small batches and in some cases only after it is ordered. A lot of places that sell real pro audio gear don't keep much stock on hand. To much high end gear inventory is always a risk and ties up money that could be used for other business related things.

Avalon is on the west coast, 8th street music is on or near the east coast, hope they were smart enough to drop ship direct to you so you save two weeks of going back and forth.

anonymous Sat, 04/30/2005 - 18:57

verry true avalon is on the west coast.... as a matter of fact i could throw a rock from here and hit the factory, literally. I went over there to talk to some people the first time the guy gave me a tour, he was a really nice guy. I went over there a few months later and there was another guy who was an utter ass. I dont know what my point is ....just an interesting experience. I wouldnt worry about your gear, you should be getting it soon.

anonymous Sat, 04/30/2005 - 23:04

I just went over there and knocked on the door. I told the guys that i was a mechanic and i was into barter exchange if anyone needed repairs on theyre cars. The first time i went the guy was really cool, he invited me in and gave me a tour. I bout sh$# my pants when i saw the racks of 737's n 2055's e.c.t. The last (and second time) i went over there the guy that answered the door was an ass. So now im using trident / focusrite... i have a studio in san clemente, and im using trident and focusrite preamps. how ironic is that? Well i guess not so much anymore now that they just moved to irvine.

x

User login