Skip to main content

Hi Guys,

So I bought some B&W DM303 to use as nearfield monitors which I would like to plug into my Apogee Duet Interface. However the wire I have for them has no kind of adapter which I can manipulate to fit into the Apogee. Its just frayed wires on each end which can clamp into the speakers.

Ive searched but sure my ill knowledge and wording of the correct terms for what I need is not finding the results I need.

I need to know if there is a jack which I can clamp onto these wires and plug into my Apogeeor if there is a new modern wire I should buy to connect the speakers to the apogee.

Or do I just need to get a hifi amplifier?

THanks in advance.

Luke

Topic Tags

Comments

Boswell Fri, 02/10/2012 - 11:20

The DM303 are simple loudspeakers and need a power amplifier to drive them. Most hi-fi amps would work for this task, but you are in danger of overloading the amplifier inputs when feeding it with the outputs of the Duet.

I would look for a monitor amplifier, maybe second-hand on Ebay. You only need one with 30-50W per channel, and they seem to come up fairly often and go cheaply, but you need one that has a level ("volume") controls on the front. As an example, there's an Interm R150 on Ebay UK at the moment.