Skip to main content

I have bought myself an E-mu 0404 soundcard, and I have a small setup where i am using Logic as the recording program. But I have a huge problem with it, the sound is about about half a second delayed when I am recording. Does anyone know about the soundcard or logic and can anybody help me with this?

I would be reallt gratefull...
Thank you so much
Mr Abbey

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 09/29/2005 - 09:07

Emu 0404 problems

I have the same card and use Cubase, but it shouldn't be any different to using Logic. I have had a few probs myself where Cubase reverts to using the standard DirectX driver, this is what gives u the long latency.
Have a look in the preferences for your sequencer and locate the driver selection. You need to set it to Emu ASIO driver, if you've done it right, you should have a latency of 10ms or less! This is what you want, it's brilliant being able to play soft synths like a normal hardware version.

Best of luck.

Max Sinclair

anonymous Sat, 10/08/2005 - 12:15

That delay is called latency, and you have to lower the audio buffers within the host software to decrease the 'delay' time.

There is a catch to this sometimes.... The lower you set your audio buffers the more potential for pops, and clicks in the audio playback. Also make sure your soundcard has the latest drivers installed or you can run into some problems.

I dont know how to use Logic but I am sure there has to be an option that allows you to adjust the audio buffers.

Hope this helps.