Skip to main content

I am trying to record with the External E-Mu 0202 and I am losing my mind. It has 3 connections on the back for input. All 3 of the input connections on the back only come thru one channel and are labeled as such. It's really crazy.

As you can see, there's a 1/4" that comes thru the right channel only, and then there's an 1/8" and XLR connection, both of which come thru left channel only. And you can look at the labeling on the unit and that's how it actually is! It's truly bizarre but doesn't appear to have any way to connect a mike and have it come thru both right and left. I have to record in mono. I probably could make shift soe strange connection to have one mike plug into a right and left, but different connection types? This just doesn't make sense why this unit is like this.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or am I just not getting it? I'm sure it's the latter.

Topic Tags

Comments

TheJackAttack Thu, 11/25/2010 - 19:09

Are you recording this track into a DAW? Are you monitoring direct or through the DAW? Which DAW? Basically you are going to have to assign the microphone to both the L & R outputs. I don't have an Emu unit of any type so I won't be much help with the specifics. However, there are two spots where the output can be assigned in most Windows scenarios. The first is in the DAW itself. The other is through the ASIO user interface (GUI).

x

User login