Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a small project studio to record acoustic guitar, piano, vocals and assorted percussion instruments (not full drum kits). I recently bought a Mac Mini with a 1.42 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM, and I'm trying to decide on an audio interface.

I'd like to learn Pro Tools, and I think it'd be smarter to go for a Firewire interface instead of a USB one, so I'm looking pretty seriously at the Firewire 410. I've read some negative comments about the 410, though, so I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with it and could give me some advice.

I'm also looking at the PreSonus Firebox, though to me the lack of PT is a big drawback. I've got about two albums' worth of PT projects I'd like to work on with the new system, and I think converting the files to a new format would be a giant pain.

Anyway, any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Topic Tags

Comments

gdoubleyou Fri, 11/18/2005 - 14:41

The sessions created by the industry standard PT|HD systems (start at $10,000, up to 196 tracks), where all processing is done by digi DSP hardware, not to be confused with the prosumer PTLE.

Otherwise if you do a session in a real Pro Tools studio, it cannot load the plugs, because they only work with the digi DSP cards.

8)