Skip to main content

Does anyone have any possible suggestion?

How come a noisy mouse might be?

'it's not usb any longer, I tried that, and it obviously wasn't the "cause" of my noisy staticky sounding mouse.
(ITS ALMOST JUST LIKE CHANGING THE DIAL ON AN AM RADIO!)
AS I "MOVE" MY MOUSE, while a recorded file "plays", the noise is terrible!

I may as well mention that for now I am testing the 2-3 variable drivers from Tascam with no change between the two latest ones from one to the other, same crappy noises...
there has to be some really "stupid-on-my-part" error, or mis-connection in my configuration or ...
of course its also very likely to be the "re-format" I have put-off and put-off for-ever and ever...
can anyone tell me whether that could be it?

I do not really see how. am I wrong?
I have been using "Registry-First-Aid" for "getting by" I suppose i should admit.. but I simply want to learn as much as I can of any and all aspects of "fixing" anything! I know that is not "all that wrong", if at all. .(seriously doubt it) but anyway it makes for some confusion along the way, but I am determined to at least ask now and then when I do have such an overbearing difficulty with such a stupid difficulty.. and its probably so simple.. after its all over and done etc. anyway thanks

thanks to any- any- any body with any- kind of an idea for me to try or the knowledge about whether Iam wrong to think windows could NOT be the cause.

thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Sun, 07/31/2005 - 10:09

Having a ton of experience with Tascam USB based products as well as other USB Based audio products I can tell you this isn't a driver related problem with the Tascam. Typically it is system related..

It could be:
Video card driver;
BIOS related;
USB Mouse related;
or simply OS related.

As pr0gr4m stated we need to know more information about your computer. Give us the details and we can try to help you. Otherwise it's hard for us to give any advice at all.

Opus :D

anonymous Sun, 07/31/2005 - 15:45

My terrible (I am so , sorry)

[quote=pr0gr4m]Hows about some specs? What computer, what video card, what drivers, Ram, etc?

Sorry to make the worst possible basic-"COMMON" error !
I know how that aged error is the awfullest to be guilty of and yet I still did it...(who knows what I was thinking)......please accept my apology

My desktop with this "problem" is:

HP Pavilion533w "off the walmart shelf"desktop with
1024 or 1G ram (speed is not "well matched" but I am unsure whether that matters)
XP HOME

Tascam US224("sound-card-solution")..
was using the latest driver #"winxp 3_30"
changed to the older 3_24 (no change)

I have added, only one 80gb WD HD, connected to this set..
my native 60gb and the 80gb with several partitions each, are implemented (this is my current, and very satisfactorily-adequate set, for now, save this one very inane irritant)

plenty of ram , a gig ... and several partitions on two drives..

I do wish I could add more-ram, but, I could only imagine what for, or whether any difference might be detected or not...

My application I bought instead of Giga,
"Garritan Personal Orchestra", operates tolerably with a gig....

(I can't think what it is I am leaving out...if anything)

Please accept my apology for that, and thank you so much for your time and consideration...

I could rant about why I am not using my DAW I built over a year ago, the one which worked with wireless and quiet....but I shall not do that here or now, etc.( another "thing")

I was, also, immediately assumtive that my "wireless usb mouse" that had been operating flawlessly on my newer system I built,
was the culprit, so now, I am using an entirely different mouse (with a wire) through the serial input, (or the "non usb" one) anyway.........no change

It seems so unlikely to me, (in my limited knowledge) that my "need for a reformat" could be the flaw, or this is actually OS related but its becoming more evident that is the case but merely to throw in the towel makes me feel as if I was the freshstart on a computer I was 5 years ago

that must be the only solution?!!??

but I have a hard time justifying, "that which I cannot understand".

Thats all, and I just appreciate, maybe having the option of learning

from someone who may actually have a clue, or, from any source.

thanks and if I still need any more added details thats fine as well.. I will always omit my head or my ars if not attached, especially when in frantic panic , as my DAW not doin right can do to me.. surely you been there..many times I am sure...so I may have still left an important detail out... so thank you for your patience with me

x

User login